Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Favorite Albums of 2015

Yes, the blog is back! I figured since I'm an aspiring writer I need to extend my internet footprint further than just Facebook and the occasional drop in that unruly ocean of info known as Twitter. Time once again to list my favorite albums of the year. As usual, most of them tend to fall somewhere in the prog/psychedelic category. But there's also a power pop record (Veruca Salt)and three or four that might be considered singer/songwriter efforts. They're listed in no particular order... 1. My Morning Jacket- The Waterfall 2. Veruca Salt- Ghost Notes 3. Joe Jackson- Fast Forward 4. Tame Impala- Currents 5. Pond- Man It Feels Like Space Again 6. The Church- Further/Deeper 7. Steven Wilson- Hand.Cannot.Erase. 8. Sufjan Stevens- Carrie and Lowell 9. Israel Nash- Israel Nash's Silver Season 10.Blur- The Magic Whip************************ There were also a couple of singles I wanted to mention: "Under Control" by The Internet and "Destinies Entwined" by the Waterboys.

3 comments:

Snave said...

Good list! I'll put mine up sometime soon.

Resurrecting the blog is a good idea. Might have to do that too, maybe repurpose the thing a little.

Jay Jankovich said...

But Ive become so at home on your social media...

jim marquis said...

Don't worry, Jay. I'll still spend most of my time stirring up trouble directly on Facebook.