Tuesday, November 13, 2012

There's a Black Guy In Philadelphia!!

Jon Stewart had an interesting conversation with Mike Huckabee last night about the GOP's trouble reaching out to minority voters. Stewart used the example of the Fox News election day hysteria over the fact there was one New Black Panther standing around in front of a polling place in Philadelphia. It's toward the end of the first segment...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/11/13/huckabee-on-daily-show-gop-has-done-pathetic-job-of-communicating/?hpid=z3

4 comments:

free0352 said...

Well I gotta ask, how would you react to a klan member in full regalia outside a polling place in Alabama?

jim marquis said...

I'd walk past him and do my civic duty. If you want to live in a democracy there's nothing more important than casting your vote. And if he tried to physically me stop me from voting I'd call the cops.

free0352 said...

And if he suggested (pretend you're black) that if you voted "the wrong way" someone might come find you later?

Yeah, thats called voter intimidation, and its a crime.

And its no different when the panthers (the black version of the Klan) do it.

free0352 said...

I really must laugh though, asking for some kind of State ID is voter suppression but a big dude with a stick isn't? LOL.